Calling all young surgeons across Europe:
During the 32nd EAES congress on the 21st June 2024, we will organise an exciting programme for the best and brightest young surgeons, surgical trainees and students from across Europe. All accepted candidates will be invited to attend an exciting series of morning lectures, followed by a research sandpit (described below) in the afternoon.
Application deadline: 10th January 2024
- EAES member
- Surgeons, surgical trainees and students aged 40 years and under.
- Practicing or training within a European country.
- Commitment to attend EAES Research Sandpit on 21 June 2024
- Commitment to deliver on project if selected and present an update on research findings at the next EAES congress in 2025.
- Two-page CV
- Cover letter describing; your current stage of training or surgical practice including surgical specialty, future clinical and research plans, and what you hope to gain from participating in the EAES research sandpit.
Outline of programme:
- Top 25 candidates will be selected to participate in EAES research sandpit.
- Selected candidates will receive free registration to EAES Research Sandpit masterclass.
- During the research sandpit, candidates will be divided into 4 groups of 5 candidates. Each group will work together through the afternoon to develop a project proposal and a 3-minute presentation (pitch) to be given to the EAES research panel at the end of the sandpit.
- Each group will receive facilitation and support during the proposal development with members of the EAES research committee.
- The presentation will be followed by 7 minutes of questions and discussion by the EAES research panel.
One project will be selected for EAES support over the following year (2024 to 2025):
- Reimbursement of the registration fee for the EAES congress 2024 Maastricht.
- 10.000 Euro of funding will be made available to the research team to deliver the project.
- The research team will benefit from mentorship by members of the EAES research committee, to support training and delivery of the project.
- At the end of the project, publication must be submitted to Surgical Endoscopy.