Special offer for residents!
Get 75% off the registration fee when your abstract is accepted!
Early bird fee €75,- only!
Especially for residents, the EAES has launched a unique offer to enable the highest possible number of residents to participate in our annual congress. Has your abstract been accepted for presentation (oral, poster or video) at the congress? Then you will receive a 75% discount on the applicable rate. If you do so before the 1st April, the early bird fee is only 75 euros.
This offer is for EAES members only (individual and block members through their national association). If you include your membership application (or proof of membership) when registering, you will also benefit from this unique discount. Don’t miss this opportunity and become an EAES member today! Need more encouragement?
Check out our additional membership benefits here.
You are invited to submit abstracts to the 31st EAES International Congress for oral, video and poster presentation
All abstracts must be submitted online via the EAES abstract submission page. Please read conditions before submitting your abstract:
- Only original studies can be accepted. Those already published or presented prior to the EAES congress will not be considered for presentation.
- The scientific material selected for presentation at the Congress will be divided into oral, poster, and video presentations.
- For video presentation there will be a possibility to upload your video, information will follow in due time.
- Once the Abstract selection process has been completed (end of January), authors whose abstracts have been accepted for Oral or Poster Presentation will be notified. Please note that only presenting authors having registered and paid for the Congress by 1 April 2023 will be included in the program. Failure to register automatically implies that the abstract will neither be included in the program and congress app nor published in the digital journal Surgical Endoscopy.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in a separate online issue of the journal Surgical Endoscopy dedicated to congress abstracts and will be available online.
- By submitting your abstract you accept that you will be the presenting author, unless otherwise indicated upon submission. Furthermore, you will make sure to be available at the date and time of presentation that will be allocated to you at a later stage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
1. Abstracts must be submitted in English.
2. Abstracts should be organized as follows:
- A short and specific title that indicates the objectives of the study. Abbreviations should be avoided in the title.
- The entire title can be no longer than 150 characters.
3. Abstracts must be written as follows:
- No blank line between paragraphs
- Abbreviations may be used in the text only, but they must be defined on the first usage
- References and credits are not to be included in the abstract
- The text can be no longer than 350 words and should contain:
4. Select topic: There are 8 streams and each stream has several subtopics, some streams have the same subtopic, so please check first before you choose and submit.
- Bariatrics: Endoluminal / Laparoscopic / Physiology
- Colorectal: Benign / IBD / Malignant / Stoma
- Hepato-Biliary & Pancreas: Gallbladder / Liver / Pancreas
- Hernia-Adhesions: Abdominal wall hernia / Adhesions / Emergency surgery / Inguinal hernia
- New techniques: Bariatrics / Basic and Technical research / Colorectal / Education / Flexible surgery / Imaging / Liver / Pancreas / Solid organs / Technology
- Robotics: Bariatrics / Colorectal / Flexible surgery / Liver / Pancreas / Solid organs Solid organs: Adrenal / Gynaecology / Kidney / (para)thyroid / Spleen
- Upper GI: Benign Esophageal disorders / Esophageal cancer / Gastric cancer / Gastroduodenal diseases / Reflux Achalesia
5. Check the box of your preferred method of presentation (oral, poster, video or no preference).