Do you like to be tightly organised and plan well?
Do you want to work internationally but also in a hybrid format?
Then we are looking for you!
The EAES office is looking for an Executive Office staff member.
An example of your working day
You start with a chat with your colleagues while enjoying a cup of coffee.
Now that you are up to date on everything, you start up your computer and process the first urgent e-mails. Later that morning, you join a team meeting about how we will handle the registration process at our annual congress. A little brainstorming together and your opinion counts. After the group lunch, you start the online campaign for the webinar that your committee is organising this month and you incorporate that into the set-up for the general newsletter (for all members) that will appear later this month. At the end of a full working day, you go home satisfied and with a smile.
The European Association for Endoscopic Surgery is the European association of surgeons whose goal is to promote endoscopic surgery.
We do this by organising our annual European congress, annual symposia, webinars, supporting working visits to specialised clinics and more. Our office is in Eindhoven. We are a flexible organisation where personal attention to our members is key. We do this by spreading the EAES family feeling.
The EAES has been in existence for more than 30 years and counts 3.500 members from more than 60 different countries. Our members include the top surgeons of (academic) hospitals from all over the world.
To support the EAES activities, we have several committees, the Research, Technology, Education & training and the Young Members Committee. Each committee is supported by a member of the office team.
To expand our team, we are looking for a team member whose main task will be to support the Research Committee. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining the social media accounts and preparing the monthly newsletters.
The board and committees are international and the working language is English.
Your official role
You are the linchpin of the Research Committee. This department within our organisation is concerned with promoting and expanding clinical research within endoscopic surgery. The goal is to develop new techniques within the hospitals within 10 years and thus improve patient outcomes and clinical training. How cool is it if you can contribute to that!
What are you going to do?
Support activities of the Reserach Committee such as:
• The organisation of webinars (given by the best surgeons in Europe)
• Supervising the 3 sub-committees (Guidelines, Talent Academy and Research Portfolio)
• Promotional activities; think of calling on members to apply for a research grant, participate in a survey or register for an activity during the congress
• Thinking along with marketing actions
• Organising committee meetings (twice a year physically and once a quarter online)
• Reporting of appointments and tasks of committee meetings
In addition, you will participate in the team and you are (jointly) responsible for the following general tasks;
• Partial tasks in the organisation of the EAES annual congress and EAES Winter meeting, such as manning the EAES booth, helping at the registration desk and assisting in the organisation of social events
• Managing EAES general communication via social media accounts and the monthly newsletters
Whom do you work with?
You will be part of the EAES Executive Office team which consists of 6 persons in total. You will be our number 7. On a daily basis you will be working on the implementation of the association’s policy as formulated by the board. In addition, you will work closely with the Chairman of the Research Committee and report to the Executive Director.
What do we want you to bring?
• Planning and organising are second nature to you
• You have good interpersonal skills and a healthy dose of humour and energy
• You have some knowledge of social media
• You have a service-oriented, no-nonsense attitude and you aim for quality
• You have a good knowledge of English, spoken and written, and you are comfortable with the Microsoft Office 365 package
• You are willing to travel for work. At least twice a year for the annual congress (3-5 days) and the Wintermeeting (3 days)
• You can function independently in a small team
What do you get from us?
• A team with colleagues where we work hard, but where there is also room for the necessary humour and freedom
• The family feeling in the sense of personal attention and togetherness
• A job that can be arranged, in consultation, for 24 to 40 hours a week
• The possibility to work hybrid
• Space for personal and professional development
• Challenging work environment with the top of surgery in Europe
• A lot of freedom and room for own initiative
• Good pension scheme
• 25 holiday days per year (in case of full-time employment)