Globally expanding membership will increase effectiveness and enable the EAES to establish a higher Standard of practice and training in Endoscopic Surgery.
Why join EAES
Being a member of the EAES, you contribute to achieving our goals and objectives. Our strength and influence depend on the magnitude of our society and our substantive representation within your country. So your membership is crucial.
By joining the EAES you can continuously develop your profession and with it the quality of surgical care to your patients.
- A membership certificate officially notified by EAES central office to assess practice of surgical endoscopy and allied technologies. This certificate has a great interest in endoscopic surgery practice to inform the patients.
- Access to the EAES member portal, which allows access all EAES features, such as the EAES Academy, video library, eLearning, webinars, etc
- EAES subscription to Surgical Endoscopy (electronic version), the official scientific journal of EAES the first endoscopic journal which impact factor is at the level of the main surgical journals.
- Electronic access to the following journals:
- Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery
- World Journal of Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- The possibility to sign up for SpringerAlert, an innovative, free-of-charge service that notifies users via e-mail whenever new articles become electronically available, and automatically sends the table of contents and direct links to the abstracts
- The official EAES newsletter sent free of charge which aims at distributing all information in the field of surgical endoscopy in the broadest sense. Its regular appearance ensures the prompt exchange of news concerning latest developments and events.
- Participation to the EAES congress each year in Europe and joining the World Congress of Endoscopy each two years at a reduced registration fee. These congresses are the best opportunity to evaluate the procedures according to the experience of reference centers and to assess guidelines of endoscopic surgery thanks to specific programs organized by EAES working parties, with accredited teaching activities and continuous medical education programs. The highest level of dissemination of endoscopic surgery research, technological development and clinical progress and practice is developed.
- Participation in the postgraduate courses of the EAES organized each year during the congress at a reduced registration fee, corresponding to a continuous medical education program.
- Participation in the EAES accredited endoscopic surgery meetings, symposia and workshops if applicable, at a reduced registration fee. Indeed many experts in all countries are organizing these activities which have to be supported by the scientific and educational committees of the society.
- Access to the annual consensus conference, a specific concept of the EAES organized by specifically formed expert working groups covering different topics.
- Application for participation in the EAES fellowship program consisting of a three months training program in major minimal invasive centers located in Europe and the United States.
- Application for EAES Research grants. Every year 3 projects will be awarded with a grant amount ranging between €10,000.- and €50,000.-
- Travel grants, awards and prizes in association with the EAES congress and postgraduate activities of the EAES
- Possibility to participate in scientific activities by applying for membership in the various EAES committees.
General Data Protection Policy
Your privacy comes first at EAES. We now meet the high standard for data privacy introduced by the new European data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which goes into effect later in May. EAES members around the world will benefit from any of these changes because their personal data will be protected. To learn more, check out our General Data Protection Policy.