CALL IS CLOSED
Calling all young surgeons across Europe:
We wish to invite you to participate in our exciting new call. During this summer’s EAES congress on the 5th of July, we will organising an exciting programme for best and brightest young surgeons, surgical trainees and students from across Europe. All accepted candidates will be invited to attend an exciting series of morning lectures, followed by a research sandpit (described below) in the afternoon.
- Surgeons, surgical trainees and students aged less 40 years.
- Practicing or training within a European country.
- Commitment to attend EAES research sandpit on 5th
- Commitment to deliver on project if selected and present an update on research findings at next EAES in 2023.
- Two-page CV
- Cover letter describing; your current stage of training or surgical practice including surgical specialty, future clinical and research plans, and what you hope to gain from participating in the EAES research sandpit.
Outline of programme:
- Top 20 candidates will be selected to participate in EAES research sandpit.
- Selected candidates will receive complimentary registration for EAES 2022 Krakow.
- During the research sandpit, candidates will be divided into 4 groups of 5 candidates. Each group will work together through the afternoon to develop a project proposal and a 3-minute presentation (pitch) to be given to the EAES research panel at the end of the sandpit.
- Each group will receive facilitation and support during the proposal development with members of the EAES research committee.
- The presentation will be followed by 7 minutes of questions and discussion by the EAES research panel.
One project will be selected for EAES support over the following year (2022 to 2023):
- 10.000 Euro of funding will be made available to the research team to deliver the project.
- The research team will benefit from mentorship by members of the EAES research committee, to support training and delivery of the project.
- At the end of the project, publication must be submitted to Surgical Endoscopy.