Unlock the door to groundbreaking discoveries and contribute to the advancement of healthcare by mastering the art of research in the medical field. Our comprehensive programme empowers you with the essential skills and knowledge required to navigate the complex world of medical research. From formulating research questions to conducting experiments, analyzing data, and disseminating your findings, you’ll gain the expertise to make a meaningful impact on patient care and medical science. Join us on a transformative journey, and become a vital part of the quest for innovative solutions that save lives and improve the well-being of countless individuals. Embrace the future of medicine through the power of research – it begins with you.
Application deadline: 10th January 2024
Outline of programme:
- Top 20 candidates will be selected to participate in EAES Research Sandpit.
- Selected candidates will receive complimentary registration for the EAES congress 2024 Maastricht.
- During the Research Sandpit, candidates will be divided into 4 groups of 5 candidates. Each group will work together through the afternoon to develop a project proposal and a 3-minute presentation (pitch) to be given to the EAES Research panel at the end of the Sandpit.
- Each group will receive facilitation and support during the proposal development with members of the EAES Research committee.
- The presentation will be followed by 7 minutes of questions and discussion by the EAES Research panel.
One project will be selected for EAES support over the following year (2024 to 2025):
- 7,500 Euro of funding will be made available to the research team to deliver the project.
- The research team will benefit from mentorship by members of the EAES Research committee, to support training and delivery of the project.
- At the end of the project, publication must be submitted to Surgical Endoscopy.
Programme Research Sandpit 2024 (will follow soon)
11th June – Morning session
|10.00 – 12.20||Session 1: EAES research clinic|
|10.00 – 10.10||Introduction – Tan Arumpalam (UK)|
|10.10 – 10.30||Academic / Clinical / Personal balance – Delia Cortes-Guiral (Spain)|
|10:30 – 10:50||Developing a research programme – Ayesha Noorani (UK)|
|10:50 – 11:10||Collaborating with industry in research – Ahmed Ahmed (UK)|
|11:10 – 11:30||Embedding diversity within your research – Lana Fourie (Switzerland)|
|11:30 – 11:50||Establishing research network in 2024 – Mark van Berge Henegouwen (NL)|
|11:50 – 12:10||Building your academic surgical career – Sheraz R. Markar (UK)|
|12:10 – 12:20||Concluding remarks and questions|
11th June – Afternoon session
|13:15 – 17.15||Session 2: EAES research committee sandpit|
Panellists; Sheraz R. Markar, Tan Arumpalam, Delia Cortes-Guiral, Ayesha Noorani, Ahmed Ahmed, Lana Fourie, Mark van Berge Henegouwen
|13:15 – 16:15||Breakout project development|
|16:15 – 16:55||Presentation and discussion|
|16:55 – 17:15||Discussion and presentation of award|