CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
50 travel grants available to the value of EUR 750 for best scoring abstracts
Abstract submission deadline 12 February 2017
You are invited to submit abstracts to the 25th EAES International Congress for oral, video and poster presentations.
Note: abstract submission for the Amazing Technologies Program will open 1st of February 2017 and will run until mid of April 2017.
All abstracts must be submitted online via the EAES abstract submission page. Click here to access the online submission site and follow instructions.
(Please read conditions before submitting your abstract)
- Only original studies can be accepted. Those already published or presented prior to the EAES congress will not be considered for presentation.
- The scientific material selected for presentation at the Congress will be divided into oral, poster, and video presentations.
- For video presentation there will be a possibility to upload your video, information will follow in due time.
Once the Abstract selection process has been completed (mid of March), authors whose abstracts have been chosen for Oral or Poster Presentation will be notified.
Please note that only authors having registered for the Congress and having paid the appropriate registration fee by April 15, 2017 will be included in the program.
GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTATION
Authors whose abstracts are chosen for presentation should note the following guidelines:
Seven minutes are allocated for oral presentation, 3 minutes for discussion.
E-POSTER (Digital Posters)
All submitted Posters will be projected on flat screen poster display stations which are located in a dedicated E-poster area. The Posters will be grouped according to their topic.
POSTER PRESENTATION SESSIONS (short oral presentations)
These sessions will take place on Thursday June 15th from 07:30 – 08:30 hours. At this time delegates who have submitted a poster and received a separate invitation to give further information, will present their posters in 1 of the 6 special Poster presentation rooms. These presentations will last 3-4 minutes and are open to all Congress delegates who take an interest and may ask questions.
If the author of the Poster is not present during these sessions, the Poster will not be eligible for discussion or for the prize.
The Jury will identify the best posters. The group of best posters will be reviewed by the Program Committee, who will select the winners for the EAES Poster Prizes to be announced during the EAES General Assembly on Friday June 16th, from 18:15 to 19:30 hours.
Seven minutes are allocated for video presentations, 3 minutes for discussion.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in a separate online issue of the journal Surgical Endoscopy dedicated to congress abstracts and will be available online.
- Authors presenting an accepted paper must register to attend the 25th International EAES Congress and pay the appropriate registration fee before April 15, 2017. Failure to register automatically implies that the abstract will neither be included in the program and abstract book nor published in the journal Surgical Endoscopy.
- Notification of rejection or acceptance of abstracts together with instructions for presentation (oral communication, poster or video, assigned session and time allotted) will be mailed in April 2017 to the address given on the abstract form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts should be organized as follows:
- A short and specific title which indicates the objectives of the study. Abbreviations should be avoided in the title. (The entire title can be no longer than 150 characters.
- Abstracts must be written as follows:
- No blank line between paragraphs
- Abbreviations may be used in the text only, but they must be defined on the first usage
- References and credits are not to be included in the abstract
- The text can be no longer than 350 words and should contain:
- Choose your category from the drop down menu.
- Check the box of your preferred method of presentation (oral, poster, video or no preference).
- To be considered for presentation during one of the award sessions check the appropriate box.