You are invited to submit abstracts to the 17th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery (29th EAES International Congress) for oral, video and poster presentations.
Note: abstract submission for the Amazing Technologies Program will open 1st of February 2021 and will run until 1st of March 2021.
Submit your abstract, share your findings with the global community and contribute to surgical endoscopy in 2021 and beyond.
Taking into account the uncertainty the COVID-19 pandemic brings, many congresses have turned to virtual ones. For the EAES it is of great importance to keep our next congress a face-to-face meeting, but also to ensure the safety and well-being of our attendees. Therefore, the EAES Executive Board is constantly reviewing the situation and considering whether a physical congress would be possible in 2021.
In the coming months we will keep you informed about our plans for the WCES 2021 congress.
In the meantime. we look forward to receiving your submission and meeting you at the 17th World Congress on Endoscopic Surgery in Barcelona from 7 – 10 July, 2021.
All abstract must be submitted online via the EAES abstract submission page. (Please read conditions before submitting your abstract)
- Only original studies can be accepted. Those already published or presented prior to the EAES congress will not be considered for presentation.
- The scientific material selected for presentation at the Congress will be divided into oral, poster, and video presentations.
- For video presentation there will be a possibility to upload your video, information will follow in due time.
Once the Abstract selection process has been completed (end of January), authors whose abstracts have been chosen for Oral or Poster Presentation will be notified.
Please note that only presenting authors having registered for the Congress and having paid the appropriate registration fee by March 15, 2021 will be included in the program.
GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTATION
Authors whose abstracts are chosen for presentation should note the following guidelines:
Seven minutes are allocated for oral presentation, 3 minutes for discussion.
Seven minutes are allocated for video presentations, 3 minutes for discussion.
E-POSTER (Digital Posters)
All submitted Posters will be projected on flat screen poster display stations which are located in a dedicated E-poster area.
POSTER AWARD SESSION
Date and time of this session is to be determined. The top 20 best scored poster abstracts, by resident in training / young doctors, will be presented. These presentations will last 3 minutes with 2 minutes discussion time.
If the author of the Poster is not present during this sessions, the Poster will not be eligible for discussion or for the prize.
The Program Committee will select the 10 winners for the EAES Poster Prize which will be announced during the Social event on Friday evening the 9th of July 2021. Exact time and location will follow.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. All accepted abstracts will be published in a separate online issue of the journal Surgical Endoscopy dedicated to congress abstracts and will be available online.
- Authors presenting an accepted paper must register to attend the 17th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery and pay the appropriate registration fee before March 15, 2021. Failure to register automatically implies that the abstract will neither be included in the program and congress app nor published in the digital journal Surgical Endoscopy.
- Notification of rejection or acceptance of abstracts together with instructions for presentation (oral communication, poster or video, assigned session and time allotted) will be mailed end of February 2021 to the address given on the abstract form.
- By submitting your abstract you accept that you will be the presenting author, unless otherwise indicated upon submission. Furthermore you will make sure to be available at the date and time of presentation that will be allocated to you at a later stage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts should be organized as follows:
- A short and specific title which indicates the objectives of the study. Abbreviations should be avoided in the title.
- The entire title can be no longer than 150 characters.
- Abstracts must be written as follows:
- No blank line between paragraphs
- Abbreviations may be used in the text only, but they must be defined on the first usage
- References and credits are not to be included in the abstract
- The text can be no longer than 350 words and should contain:
- Choose your topic from the drop down menu.
There are 7 streams and each stream has several subtopics, some streams have the same subtopic, so please check first before you choose and submit.
Hepato-Biliary & Pancreas
- Abdominal wall hernia
- Emergency surgery
- Inguinal hernia
Robotics and new techniques
- Basic and Technical research
- Flexible surgery
- Solid organs
- Benign Esophageal disorders
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastroduodenal diseases
- Gastric cancer
- Reflux Achalesia
- Check the box of your preferred method of presentation (oral, poster, video or no preference).
Watch the EAES 2020 – Virtual Congress, now available on-demand!
Visit the on-demand virtual edition of EAES 2020. Offered to you by the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery. More than 40 lectures, over 500 ePosters and videos, live Q & A sessions, industry hosted webinars, the Endoscopy festival and much more.