IFSES WCES2021 Barcelona – a work in progress
The EAES programme committee and its chair, Prof. Nicole Bouvy are excited about the upcoming world congress of Endoscopic surgery. They have worked for several months on the scientific programme and are now at the final stages of completing it. Currently we have faculty members from 48 different countries so it will truly be a world congress. Some numbers from non-European countries; 31 Canada & USA, 23 Japan & Korea & Taiwan & China & Hong Kong, 14 Middle and South America.
The OR goes green and female surgeons are two of EAES’ points of interest and you will see that reflected in the programme as well. Other highlights are:
- Consensus conferences on Fluorescence & MIS in the Elderly
- Surgical Endoscopy Festival (selection of most cited articles)
- Highway to disaster (due to its success there will be 2 sessions this year where surgeons show their adverse events and how they solved them)
- Guidelines corner
- Surgery after COVID-19 “lessons learned”
- Hot debates in… colorectal, hernia and bariatric surgery
- Update EAES consensuses of the past years
- Latest techniques on endocrine and hepatobiliary surgery with expert from all over the world
On the days before and after the core congress you can register for several hands-on courses and masterclasses.
Please keep an eye on our website as we will be publishing new information on the programme as it becomes available. You can download the programme at a glance in PDF here.