- Safe and sustainable surgery for all.
- Drive continuous education and quality assurance to improve patient outcome;
- Promote ground-breaking innovation and technology in surgery related health care;
- Embrace equity, honesty, transparency and respect for patients, members and environment;
- Believe in patient safety, innovations, quality, sustainability and training.
The EAES has close to 3,500 members from more than 110 countries.
The Executive Board
The Executive Board consists of 10 members, of which the president, the immediate past president, the president elect, the general secretary, the internal auditor and the treasurer, are responsible for the daily business of the association.
The president chairs the EAES Executive Board meetings and the annual General Assembly in addition to representing the association to the outside world. The general secretary is responsible for the administration and the treasurer for all financial matters. The internal auditor provides an internal control system. These board members fulfil their duties continuously throughout their term of office.
The Executive Board meets 3 times a year in person. This Executive Board meeting is the decision making organ, besides the General Assembly.
There are 3 EAES committees. The Executive Board has the power to establish other committees or to abandon existing committee(s) depending on the needs of the association. The current EAES committees are:
- Education & Training, including EAES endorsed courses as well as fellowships
- Research (cluster studies, multicenter studies and clinical trials, grant activities)
- Technology (R&D in ergonomics, instrumentation, ancillary equipment, telerobotics and telecommunication)
Chairpersons for each committee will be appointed by the Executive Board. The chair of the committee calls for committee meetings, sets up the agenda, and provides suggestions to be approved in the Executive Board meeting. Furthermore they decide where and when a meeting will take place.
Journal Surgical Endoscopy
Our official Journal Surgical Endoscopy, which is included in the membership subscription, now carries on of the highest impact factor of any surgical endoscopic journal and is ranked among the top 10 surgical journals overall, irrespective of surgical specialty.